The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the standard WorkCover approved first aid course required by most industries. This course empowers participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations. This course focuses on improving the confidence and ability of participants to be able to effectively provide first aid care until the arrival of professional medical support.
* DRSABCD Action Plan
* Chain of survival
* Signs of life
* Performing CPR
* Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
* Care of the unconscious person
* Breathing emergencies including choking and asthma
* Cardiac emergencies
* Bleeding and wound care
* Burns and scalds
* Extremes of heat and cold
* Altered conscious states
* Bites and stings
* Sprains and strains
* Infection control
* Reporting procedures
*Completion of an online component
*Completion of an incident report form
*CPR Practical assessment including 2min of CPR on and Adult, child and infant
*Use of an AED and rotation of operators
*Use of an Epi Pen
*Injury scenarios incorporating the practical treatment of various injuries.
* The HLTAID011 provide First Aid is current for 3 years. The HLTAID009 Provide CPR component is current for 1 year.
Successful completion of an online component plus
4 hours face to face training.
* Participants must be 14 years or older
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment with the following Units of Competency
* HLTAID009 Provide CPR
* HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
* HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
* It is a requirement of the Unit of Competency that the CPR on the adult and child manikins must be performed kneeling on the ground, no exceptions. Participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
South Coast First Aid Training conducts nationally recognised, WorkCover/ACECQA approved CPR and First Aid courses. Our public courses are conducted regularly in the Shoalhaven area. We can also provide Private courses for those in Shoalhaven, Illawarra, and Southern Highlands regions.
Our award-winning courses are conducted by experienced healthcare professionals who are able to enrich your training with their enthusiasm and real, working knowledge. Our public courses are perfect for individuals just wishing to enhance their knowledge as well as businesses needing to meet their WHS requirements.
South Coast First Aid Training Centre Nowra
34 Moss Street
Nowra, NSW 2541
St Georges Basin Country Club
Paradise Beach Road, Sanctuary Point
Hear more from us
Work as a team. Train as a team. Respond as a team.
If you wish to hear more about specific courses, wish to make a group booking, or are interested in a course not listed on our calendar, feel free to contact us today and we will be happy to help you.