This course is for those who work in a daycare, family day care and or preschool setting. This course covers the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) requirements for qualifications in CPR, first aid and the management of asthma and anaphylactic emergencies.
This course empowers the participant with the skills and knowledge required to provide an emergency first aid response and life support to infants, children and adults until the arrival of medical assistance.
* DRSABCD Action Plan
* Chain of survival
* Signs of life
* Performing CPR
* Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
* Care of the unconscious person
* Cardiac emergencies
* Emergency Management of Asthma & Anaphylaxis
* Bleeding and wound care
* Burns and scalds
* Extremes of heat and cold
* Altered conscious states
* Bites and stings
* Sprains and strains
* Infection control
* Reporting procedures
* Online component that must be completed prior to the face to face session
* Completion of an incident report form
* CPR Practical assessment including 2min of CPR on and Adult, child and infant
* Use of an AED and rotation of operators
* Recovery position
* Use of an Epi Pen
* Asthma treatment
* Injury scenarios incorporating the practical treatment of various injuries.
* The HLTAID012 Provide first Aid in an education and care setting is current for 3 years. The HLTAID009 Provide CPR component is current for 1 year.
All participants are required to complete an online component prior to the 4 hour face to face session.
* Participants must be 14 years or older
Successful Participants will receive a statement of attainment for the following Units of competency.
* HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
* HLTAID002 Provide Basic Life Support
* HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
* HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid response in an education and care setting.
* It is a requirement of the Unit of Competency that the CPR on the adult and child manikins must be performed kneeling on the ground, no exceptions. Participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
South Coast First Aid Training conducts nationally recognised, WorkCover/ACECQA approved CPR and First Aid courses. Our public courses are conducted regularly in the Shoalhaven area. We can also provide Private courses for those in Shoalhaven, Illawarra, and Southern Highlands regions.
Our award-winning courses are conducted by experienced healthcare professionals who are able to enrich your training with their enthusiasm and real, working knowledge. Our public courses are perfect for individuals just wishing to enhance their knowledge as well as businesses needing to meet their WHS requirements.
Nowra Ex-Servicemen's Club
157 Junction Street
Nowra, NSW 2541
St Georges Basin Country Club
Paradise Beach Road
Sanctuary Point, NSW 2540
Hear more from us
Work as a team. Train as a team. Respond as a team.
If you wish to hear more about specific courses, wish to make a group booking, or are interested in a course not listed on our calendar, feel free to contact us today and we will be happy to help you.