This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide advanced resuscitation techniques, until the arrival of medical or other support.
* Follow DRSABCD
* Prepare Oxygen & resuscitation equipment ready for use
* Apply bag, valve, mask resuscitation techniques
* Attach and operate and AED
* Administer oxygen
* Operate suction equipment
* Correct Use of Oropharyngeal airways
* Restore and maintain equipment ready for future use
* Pulse Oximeter, haemostatic dressings, tourniquets, thermometers.
* 40 Multiple Choice question paper
* Multiple scenarios incorporating use of BVM, Oxygen equipment, AED and OP airways.
HLTAID015 is to be completed annually to maintain currency.
4 hours face to face training.
* HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
* Participants must be 14 years or older
* Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
(HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy)
It is a requirement of the Unit of Competency that the CPR on the adult manikins must be performed kneeling on the ground, no exceptions. Participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
South Coast First Aid Training conducts nationally recognised, WorkCover/ACECQA approved CPR and First Aid courses. Our public courses are conducted regularly in the Shoalhaven area. We can also provide Private courses for those in Shoalhaven, Illawarra, and Southern Highlands regions.
Our award-winning courses are conducted by experienced healthcare professionals who are able to enrich your training with their enthusiasm and real, working knowledge. Our public courses are perfect for individuals just wishing to enhance their knowledge as well as businesses needing to meet their WHS requirements.
South Coast First Aid Training Centre Nowra
34 Moss Street
Nowra, NSW 2541
St Georges Basin Country Club
Paradise Beach Road
Sanctuary Point NSW 2549
Hear more from us
Work as a team. Train as a team. Respond as a team.
If you wish to hear more about specific courses, wish to make a group booking, or are interested in a course not listed on our calendar, feel free to contact us today and we will be happy to help you.