HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid provides the necessary skills required to confidently coordinate, manage and instruct other first aiders across a range of complex situations – as well as within community and workplace environments. The course comprises pre-course learning and practical training plus face-to-face training hours.
* DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
* Use of Bag-valve-mask ventilation and at least 2 minutes of compression during a two rescuer procedure on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
* Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
* Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
* Followed the prompts of a Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
* Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
* Responded to at least three simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
* Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
* Conducted a visual and verbal secondary survey assessment of the casualty
* Assessed vital signs (respirations, pulse and temperature)
* Communicated effectively with a first aid team providing direction and coordination of other first aiders
* Basic triage for multiple casualties
* Post-incident debrief and evaluation
* Applied first aid procedures for the following:
* Bleeding control
* Choking and airway obstruction
* Conducted a basic triage for multiple casualty incident
* Envenomation (using pressure immobilisation)
* Fractures, sprains and strains (using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation principles)
* Head, neck and spinal injuries (using immobilisation principles)
* Emergency Childbirth
* Respiratory distress – including asthma
* Completion of 70 multiple choice question online component prior to the face to face component.
* 2min of CPR on an Adult and infant manikin
* 2min of CPR with ventilation using BVM in a team environment
* Use of DEfibrillator
* Multiple scenarios incorporating practical treatment of various injuries
* Completion of Theory paper at end of one day course.
8 hours face to face training.
New participants are required to complete either an online learning session or a hard copy workbook prior to training.
Students with a current qualification do not need to complete any work prior to the one day face to face training session.
* There are no prerequisites for this HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid course. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance.
* Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid.
* It is a requirement of the Unit of Competency that the CPR on the adult manikins must be performed kneeling on the ground, no exceptions. Participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
South Coast First Aid Training conducts nationally recognised, WorkCover/ACECQA approved CPR and First Aid courses. Our public courses are conducted regularly in the Shoalhaven area. We can also provide Private courses for those in Shoalhaven, Illawarra, and Southern Highlands regions.
Our award-winning courses are conducted by experienced healthcare professionals who are able to enrich your training with their enthusiasm and real, working knowledge. Our public courses are perfect for individuals just wishing to enhance their knowledge as well as businesses needing to meet their WHS requirements.
Nowra Ex-Servicemen's Club
157 Junction Street
Nowra, NSW 2541
Milton Ulladulla Bowling Club
Hear more from us
Work as a team. Train as a team. Respond as a team.
If you wish to hear more about specific courses, wish to make a group booking, or are interested in a course not listed on our calendar, feel free to contact us today and we will be happy to help you.